Thursday, May 7, 2009

May 7th

Update for today..

Great day all around. Woke up at 8am and had a big breakfast, mom got me ready for school and organized. At school today we had two visitors; two clowns acting as Dr's came into the class. They did some magic, told jokes and gave me a $1,000,000 dollar bill!! wow!! It was great. And mom was talking (bribing) to some of the nurses and we ended up in a gigantic room this afternoon. It's like the Penthouse!!!

My blood counts are going up all on their own, so the Dr's are very pleased with that. I'm even producing healthy white blood cells and my bone marrow % that was 99% bad when I arrived here is down to 4%! This is the same amount that you have! All great news!!

Dad picked me up and we came back to my room and Grandma and Grandpa showed up. We read books and hung out for a couple hours talking and laughing. Mom and Dad#2 got back and my funny nurse unhooked me and we headed outside! Mom ran into starbucks and got us all drinks while I walked around and enjoyed the fresh air. We came back up in time to watch a movie and then the start of the Canucks game.
Then I got crazy silly. I was laughing and crackin' jokes like crazy tonight. I had everyone in stitches.. the old Aiden is Back! When the Canucks scored I pushed my "buzzer" to call my nurse so she didn't miss the replay!

Tomorrow is chemotherapy day again, so mom's been talking to dr's and making sure all precautions are taken regarding the drug that "got me" last week. So, everyone keep their fingers crossed!

Dad #2 is headed up to Kelowna early to grab Addison (and Jodie's Power Bars) and bring her back for the weekend. Should be fun to see her. Thanks again Nana and Papa for looking after her.

Still here till Monday but making the best of it!

Love and hugs
Aiden

2 comments:

  1. Wow! From 99% down to 4%. That is truly amazingly good news. And I know what did it! It's that food you've been eating. So I've put away my healthy protein shakes and lean organic chicken and I had a Whopper with Cheese, no pickles and onions today. Yahoo it was good! And since that food has been making you so healthy, I'm on a new eating regime. Thanks Aiden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aiden, we are so happy today reading your blog over breakfast. Happy to hear you are feeling better and got to go outside with your family. Be strong today and we hope you can head back home on Monday!
    Take care big fella!

    ReplyDelete