Friday, May 22, 2009

May 22nd

Day of one of fifty-six!

Okay, we have one more Friday under our belts, and it was fine! Long long long day! We started at clinic at 755am and we left around 530pm.

First of all they had to start hydrating me, so they "poked" my VAD and started the IV. I had to be super hydrated so that my kidneys would be able to flush my medication properly. Wow did I pee a lot!!!!!

Then I had to have my spinal, which went okay. The best one yet for sure. I was still scared to get put out but I wasn't as dizzy when I woke up. Mom said I was out for less then 5 minutes, which is also the fastest one yet.

Chemotherapy was next. It was for just over a half an hour and then the side effects were suppose to start... so we waited.. and we waited... and we waited... and nothing!
The day was good, actually better then good. My new friend Curtis was also there today and we played X-Box for about... 7 HOURS! I thought mom was going to lose her mind, but she just let me play, it was awesome!

We also had a great visit today from FLSC! Mrs. Liegmann showed up with Ava's Dad (yes, THE AVA... sorry that's your title "Ava's dad") and Pastor Lee too! They brought me notes from my class, a card, stars from Ava, and a wonderful "gift" for mom too. Thank you First Lutheran Church and School!!!

Then Nana and Addy picked us up, we came home and ate tacos and popcorn, had a tub, watched movies, had some more medicine and went to bed!

Back in clinic again tomorrow and again Sunday and again Monday. Long hard weekend for sure, but we're living for today.. and today is good!

Thank you to everyone who was sending us positive thoughts, texts, calls, emails, prayers and everything else today. And Thank you again to FLCS for everything, it is So appreciated and it was so nice to see you!

XOXO
Aiden

2 comments:

  1. Hi Aiden,
    Here are a couple of jokes for you:

    Q: What did the frog order at McDonalds?
    A: French Flies and a Diet Croak

    Q: What is the best time of the week to sleep?
    A: Snooze-day

    Q: What is a volcano?
    A: A mountain with hiccups

    I am glad to hear that you made it through the treatments on Friday.
    "Project Misbehavin" returns next week, so stay tuned.

    Special agent Logan signing off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tough Guy!
    So happy to hear your Friday went better than expected. The aquarium adventure sounded great!Emma and Allie love that place. Especially the whales.
    We are always thinking of you and your family.
    Positive thoughts and love are always being sent from us to you.
    The Siebens

    ReplyDelete