Saturday, May 16, 2009

May 16th

update update update

Hello everyone.. Sorry we've been without internet for a couple days. We had a great week, of school, playing at parks, football, flying kites etc. My blood is doing really really well and I feel great. Addy and Dad #2 are back from Kelowna - yay!

We had clinic on Friday, however no chemo. Yay! They did the spinal and the marrow, which I don't like as it makes me dizzy when I wake up, however at least it was quick. I met with a physiotherapist as I'm having some side effects to one of the chemo medicine that makes my feet and legs feel funny (especially my right one) it's a bit weird to do stairs and running is kind of awkward. However, she says it's all normal and she'll fix me up! Perfect.. (I would prefer if my physio was Little Laura, however this one's okay for now)

We expect to have a great week!... until Friday. This coming Friday we take things up a notch. So, Friday is a long gross day and they say I'll have some pretty bad reactions to my new medicine, then I have to go back again Saturday, Sunday and Monday. This schedule is for the next 56 days, it's aggressive, and isn't going to be fun for anyone. However, we have to do it, we're going to push through and again, it's nothing we can't handle. And the silver lining: Nana arrives Thursday night to help mom.

I've been super busy playing and making bionicles and this new sticky mosaic pictures I've been making. I'm still eating like crazy, can't get enough food in my belly. And mom's being pretty understanding (after chatting with my Dr) about letting me eat some "bad stuff" :)

Thanks: Bexx, Samia, Marg and Jim, Bimy, Christy, Darlene and Kevin, Renee, and Shannon.
Mom got pretty spoiled on her birthday weekend - thanks for an amazing dinner, visit, gifts etc D&K.. WOW, loved it all! And thanks to R & S for making the road trip for one fantastic day of pampering, chats, and true amazing friendship! xoxo.

Thank you to everyone who reads this.. we're day to day of fun this week... not even thinking about FRIDAY!

xoxo
Aiden

3 comments:

  1. Friday is an eternity away! Have a wonderful week. It sounds like you are doing such fun things with your mom. I hope you get a real windy day for your kite. Stay strong, you've already go so much time under your belt and before you know it you'll be home!! And what a party for you that will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. loves to you buddy....hope you have fun with Dad#2 and Addy. give your mom a smooch from me. love you SOOO much....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are cramming in as much fun as you can before Friday! Dominic and Ashton went to daycare today so no Tuesday video this week. Next week, they should be back in production!

    Thinking of you all.

    ReplyDelete