Saturday, June 20, 2009

June 20th 2009

Well, we are still out... and it's Incredible!

Yesterday started out with Mom and Dad#2 sleeping in and almost forgetting to take me to school but phew I just made it on time. It was a good thing because we had a scavenger hunt. My friend Miguel and I helped each other out and found all the loot. After school we went to a park, had some snacks and tired ourselves out there.
We went to the store to get stuff for dinner and I learned that if you leave the air conditioning on in the car without the car running the battery doesn't last long. OOPS! It was an extended stay at the store till dad#2 got us back on the road.

Deb and Tom came over for a visit, and we have a bionicle build off! Deb thinks she won by default, however mom and I won fair and square. Thanks to the Schamerhorns for sending more bionicles down!! Then Sheila showed up so we all had dinner together, and off to bed. I had kind of a rough night. Sometimes my body feels funny in the night and I can't settle in... So, at 3 am I slept with mom and dad #2 went to my bed. Needless to say we did not have a solid sleep last night.

Then today.. oh are we INCREDIBLE! So very INCREDIBLE! We got up this morning and took mom to meet Sheila and Deb to have a quick visit, then we picked up some groceries and relaxed at home until our big race! The "Chips not Dead Yet" run! It was awesome! Mom, Dad #2 and I dressed up as The Incredibles (I was Dash, Mom was Elasta-girl, and Dad#2 was Mr. Incredible) and Addy was a Princess (with an Incredible's mask on) and we raced half a mile straight up hill. Addy was in her jogging stroller, and Deb and Tom were with us and boy did we run! Carly and Hayley, some friends from LuLu in Kelowna, were waiting for us at the top... we were INCREDIBLE. Even the announcer guy at the finish line yelled out what an Incredible Family we were! It was super fun!!! Then we came home and made some supper, had a bath and crawled into bed. Phew, what a day! A great day! ** Deb even had a shirt on with a picture of me on it and it said "My hero" Very cool!!! Thanks Deb!

Happy Father's day to all the dad's out there tomorrow!
Thanks - Deb and Tom for everything this weekend for my whole family, Jim and Marg for the amazing bag you sent down for me and Addy, Carly and Hayley, Uncle Jim and Auntie Denise for the card, Sassy Sheila, Schamerhorns, and everyone else for reading and following my progress!

Signing off,
Aiden "Dash" Penner

No comments:

Post a Comment