Friday, June 5, 2009

Friday June 5th

Again again again!

So Terrible Fridays have now turned into Terrible Thursdays! We went in yesterday for some gross procedures. First was my LP(spinal), and just as I was waking up they put two needles into my legs. It wasn't as bad as the first time, (when we first got here) but it was still terrible.

And then they gave me my chemotherapy. I started feeling sick about half way through the day, however I was released at about 3pm. Mom, Addy, dad#2 and I went to the park, had a slurpee it was great. However....... then the medicine bit me! My eyes swelled shut and back to the hospital we went. They gave some benadryl and hyrdrocortisone and released us around 8pm. Home we went, and I ate a huge supper ... when I brought my bowl over my mom yelled "what!!?" and my face was covered in hives. Back to the hospital we went we were in an emergency room until 1am. then they finally moved us to a room on the oncology ward and we were asleep by 2am.

More benadryl, iv's, and this morning I woke up with no rash, but eyes still swollen. Mom said I looked like a boxer..and not a very good boxer. Over night my HGB dropped 10 points so then we had a blood transfusion. They monitored me all day, and finally I was allowed to leave at 5pm today.

What a gross two days! We are tired and my eyes are still a little swollen but we're home! And mom is super excited to sleep!

We see Lucas tomorrow morning and mom's friend Shannon got us a magician in the afternoon!! I can't wait!!

Thanks - Oranj Dance and Fitness, Pusher Mitchell Law Firm, Cops for Kids, McKenzie, McGregor and Barb Campbell who came down to run with Mom and Dad #2 for children's hospital this Sunday.
Mom was also very happy to see her friend Annette yesterday! She was at Children's with her son and she and mom got to spend 15 or 20 minutes together it was great (love you!)

Thursday and Friday = no fun, Saturday and Sunday = lots of fun!

Off to eat and bed can't wait until tomorrow morning! Done with today, looking forward to tomorrow!

xoxo
Aiden

No comments:

Post a Comment