Wednesday, April 29, 2009

April 29th

Hello everyone,

Day one of school was a success!! My teacher was great, of course not as great as Mrs. Merryfield, but pretty fun. I worked through my vowels, some math, and my journal. It went well. I would normally be going tomorrow morning as well, however we have "clinic" in the morning. Clinic is usually every Friday, however there was a change this week due to scheduling of nurses. So, the morning will begin with another bone marrow followed by chemotherapy. It's a gross day for everyone, but it'll be nice to see how low my % is. And then if I feel good, back to school for Friday morning.

After school today mom and I had a lunch date. She packed a picnic and we went to Stanley Park. We peeked through the windows and saw the seals and the beluga whales (even the new baby whale) and then we saw an eagle show. It was pretty fun. We fed the ducks and headed back home to get some down time in.

Then mom and I decided to walk to the bank (which is about 25m from our front door) and I decided I wanted something sweet. So we walked down to Max's Deli (about .4km each way) and I had the biggest, yummiest cinnamon bun ever. mmmmmm! Then on the way back we hit the movie store and rented Jurassic Park III.

I had a big supper, a tub and my meds and now I'm lying in bed watching my movie. It was a positive day.

Logan sent me a message and said they had a bake sale at school for me and my family today! Wow, and thank you First Lutheran!! And Logan, great job on our secret project, keep up the emails.

Thank yous - Uncle Jim and Auntie Denise sent a package with a very cool sea creature that I use to battle with my bionicles... and some honey mustard! Love honey mustard!!! They sent something for Addy too but we'll wait for her to open it.
Dominics crazy videos! Wow, keep those coming pls! Good laugh for me and mom. Then we got some cards from the Bytelaars, and the Deeks along with a cool bracelet from Mexico with my name on it! Thanks!
The Deb Taylor sent mom a basket from home. She's sneaky! She got into our house and sent mom's clock,(that she hid a spider in for me!) a pillow, a family picture, a picture of her and mom etc. Toby added a great top and some cool earrings.. mom loved them, and Carly added in a Rockets Towel and some chocolate.. yay!! Made mom smile a lot (good idea S!) Thanks Ladies!!

Hi to Dad #2 who's at home with Ads and Thank you to Dilys who's been letting her have sleep overs while he works nights. xoxo. Nana and Papa arrive tomorrow in Kelowna and the to do list for Papa is extensive! :)

If we forget any thank you's, sorry. We try to remember everyone and we appreciate all the generosity that everyone has shown to us!

Off to watch my movie as mom packs, moving day is Sunday!

Hugs and Kisses

Aiden

2 comments:

  1. Hi Aiden! This is Ava. I have a few more jokes for you! "What do cats put in their hot chocolate?" MOUSE-MALLOWS ha ha! and "Why was the caterpillar kicked off the soccer team?" HE TOOK TOO LONG TO PUT ON HIS SHOES! ha ha! My mom told me you started a new school. Do you have a special rug you sit on like in Mrs. Merrifield's class? I miss you at my table. Logan was right. The bake sale was great! There were so many good treats to eat. My family is sure thinking about you and your family. Enjoy the sunshine! xo Ava

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey cuz, sorry it has taken us so long to get in touch with you. Mom just figured out how to sign in.
    Matt says I had to shave my head cuz the sharks got knocked out of the playoffs = Auntie Marnie is just glad he did not have to shave eye brows too
    Noah says Hope you are starting to feel better, I am sorry you got sick

    Tiana says I am very sorry you got sick, we are hoping to come see you soon.

    Uncle K and Auntie M say that it sure sounds as though your mom and dad are doing a good job of making your time there an adventure. We have been thinking of you alot and hope to get down to see you soon,

    lots of love!!!

    ReplyDelete