Tuesday, April 28, 2009

April 28th update

Hello Aiden Fans!

Today has been a good day! Super sunny and lots to update. This morning we went and saw our new place! That's right! No more smelly Easter Seals. Mom and I are movin' on up! We got a basement suite in a beautiful neighbourhood 4 minutes from the hospital! We each have our own bedroom, a patio, a yard, across from a field where we can fly kites etc. It will be awesome!!! Yay!!!

Next I went to my new school. Met my teacher and there are 4 other boys in my class. I start... tomorrow! There's no messin' around with mom. Should be fun and mom is very excited about the structure/normalcy thing again.

Then we had a meeting with Dr. Lucy. She is pleased with my progress. When I arrived here I had 99% bad cells in my bone marrow, now I have 21% and hope to have less then 5% by Friday! The medicine is working. She also dropped one of my medications and gave me another in a pill form as the liquid tastes terrible!

Then we grabbed a coffee at Starbucks.. and happen to run into Daniel SEDIN! Awesome!! I was too shy to say hi, but waived from a distance. Go Canucks Go!!

Now, we are heading out on the town. Dad #2 took Addy back to Kelowna so the GPS will come in handy down here for mom. Off to Toys r Us to take some stuff back and get something for the new place instead. OUTSIDE STUFF - yay!!!!

Thanks to everyone for everything.. busy packing tonight.

xoxo
Aiden

7 comments:

  1. What fantastic news Aiden! Love the sound of your new place, (sounds really skookum) but so wonderful to hear that the yucky medicine is working and that the bad cell count is going down, down, down!! Brought tears to my eyes. Sweet dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aiden,

    Dominic thinks your new place sounds, "Wow, cool." He thinks this is way better than "a little room in a hospital building-place".

    What's your address so Dominic can send you pictures and stuff?

    Have a super time moving tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so happy to hear about your new place and the park to fly kites. How cool is that. Have fun at school Aiden. It will be exciting for you to meet some new friends. We hope to come visit you sometime soon. Maybe we can bring our kites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news Aiden - keep up the good work!
    Glad to hear you are going to be enjoying a 'place of your own' with your mom - much better :)
    Thinking of you all - XO
    Jodi and Family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome News! We are super excited about your blood, new home away from home and school!!How much better can school get... One teacher, you and 4 other boys! Sounds like my dream teaching job.Can't wait to see how your day went! Smiles, Hugs and Positive Thoughts
    Jodie, Scott, Allie and Emma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Aiden
    It is nice to hear the good news that you are doing better, moving, and starting a new school. That will help the time go by quicker. Sounds like you are having some fun exploring Vancouver with your family when you are able to.
    Joke time: What did one elevator say to the other? I think I'm coming down with something!
    Keep getting better/ I miss you
    Logan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Deb - Crystal just sent me a link to this blog - I had no idea you and Aiden were going through this.

    I know how hard waiting can be - distractions are awesome!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete