Tuesday, April 28, 2009

April 27th and morning of the 28th

Hello everyone,

Sorry I didn't update yesterday I got home from Dad's and was filling mom in on my day at Stanley Park, had some tacos, a shower and meds and bed.

For Today; Woke up and was sooo hungry. So I had two pieces of toast and a veggie omelet all to myself. It was delicious! Mom did some research, (you know how that goes when she gets left alone for 24 hours), and found out I can go to school here... thanks a million mom. So, this morning we're going over to childrens hospital to meet my new teachers Laurie and Jack. As long as I feel good I will be going every morning from 930 till noon. She keeps using the words structure and normalicy when talking to anyone which I think is a good thing :)

Then we have a meeting with my Dr this afternoon that will determine whether I have to have more bone marrow and another spinal on Friday with my chemotherapy. Hope that answer is no and all the "blast" cells are gone! Keep your fingers crossed. Then the plan is for mom and me to find a slurpee place and then maybe hitting a pet store (TO LOOK ONLY) Dad #2 taking Ads home to Kelowna and Nana and Papa are coming down to hold the fort.

Thanks to the Hymers family for the package! And thanks to Owen and Callum for not letting your mom buy me anymore educational books. :) Mom says that if I can't do long division by the time we're done here, there's a problem, with all the educational material we have. Thanks everyone...
Also, Dominic for the video updates. It was great to see you even if it was through a computer screen. You crack me up.
And to everyone who's doing amazing things for my mom.. last night she said she felt settled, relaxed and didn't even get grouchy when dad#2 beat her in crib. I know she couldn't do this without her parents, Dustin, family, and friends. Thank you.

xoxo
Aiden

2 comments:

  1. Hey Aiden,

    It's Grayson. You need to tell your mom to download Skype on her new laptop. Skype is a program that allows you to video phone your friends and family. Best of all...it's free! Your mom probably has a built in webcam on her new computer, but if not, she can just buy a webcam - they're not that much. My Daddy works out of town most days, but I get to see him every morning on Skype :) Your mom would be able to Skype with my mom too :) So have your peeps (mom) talk to my peeps (mom)if you have any questions. Rock on buddy!
    From,
    Grayson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Aiden!
    Just wanted to let you know that we're so proud of how brave you're being and we think of you every day! Hope you found a yummy slurpee place today. Keep your eyes open for a place that makes screamers too (it's slurpee and ice cream mixed together) - they're the best!!! Let us know what the best address is now to send stuff to so we can put some packages together for you. We spoke to some of the family back in Saskatchewan and they're all sending love your way!
    xoxox
    Denise, Jeff, Ava and Jaxon Everett

    ReplyDelete