Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tuesday October 6th

Hello everyone!

Great day again today... the last sleep before my last round!
I got up and we went to the hospital this morning to get my blood checked for tomorrow. One of my levels (ANC) needs to be at .75 before I'm suppose to start. It came back at .72! So, mom talked to our nurse, who then talked to my Dr and I'm going ahead!!
I went to schoold and then we got organized to take mom to give blood for the first time! I've had 10 transfusions already, so it's time! Some news and radio people were there and we talked for a bit. Global was suppose to come, but didn't show! CBC ran a quick clip at 5pm and we hope to see it again at 10pm tonight! SHAW was there and we'll be on all day Sunday!! I made sure I added that if Mr Luongo was watching I'd really like to meet him! You have to take advantage of these key moments!
Then we went scootering and enjoyed the rest of the afternoon and tonight we watched Harry POTTER.

Tomorrow shouldn't be too bad. A Spinal in the morning first thing.. so no breakfast. Then three different chemotherapy medications to follow. Hope to be out of there by noon.
One of the chemo medications makes me super sick, so we're trying a new anti nausea drug that's made from marijuana, I hear it's a plant that makes people super silly! I took it tonight and it made me a little crazy!! Fun though! I also start steriods again tomorrow which mean cooking cooking cooking for mom! They make me so hungry! Last time I ate an entire roasted chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy and a whole can of corn! I even used to wake up in the night and ask mom to make me an omelet!.. and SHE DID! The intra muscular injections start again on Friday.. those are super terrible... 12 more to go! We count through them and it takes about 18 seconds on average. It's the worst 18 seconds of my day.. but it'll make me better!

Hope you all can catch the quick clip on CBC tonight and if not try to tune in to SHAW on the weekend. I hope to get a copy of it, and I'll add it to the blog soon.

Thanks for reading! Welcome to the final stage people! Wish me luck it's going to be a tough one! .... but nothing we can't handle!

xoxo
Aiden!

No comments:

Post a Comment