Wednesday, October 21, 2009

October 21st

Hello hello!

Hope this finds you all well. Today.. today was needle number 12. That's right 12! Mom and I have found the best way to deal with it and it works awesome! I get mad, really mad. Today my nurse was Allie. She's great! Mom sits behind me on the bed, dad holds my legs, and I yell "Go Allie, Go! Get going Allie, do it!" And I squeeze mom's hands as hard as I can, and I yell a little angry yell and it's over! Phew... only 6 more to go!

I had the rest of my chemotherapy medicine today too, so I'm a little sick but I have lots of other medicine in me that is keeping it under control. I spent the afternoon coloring and drawing, we watched a movie after supper, and I was asleep my 7pm.

I'm back on the steroids which I enjoy! I eat and eat and eat. Today I had a can and a half of alphagetti, two pieces of bread and peanut butter, an apple fritter, and then some snacks for lunch. Dinner I wasn't feeling quite as hungry which can only mean........ MIDNIGHT SNACK! Drives mom crazy! Ha, especially when I ask for garlic bread or fresh mashed potatoes. She always tries to offer things like an apple, granola bar, .. you know easy stuff but that is never what I'm after. So, she gets out of bed and whips up my food of choice and then it starts all over again the minute I wake up! Last time I woke up at 6am starving and mom told me to grab some cereal and watch tv... I ate half a box of Apple Jacks, then I had my oatmeal and berries when she got up at 7!

We're plugging along taking it day by day. I'll probably need a blood transfusion next week, number 11, but other then that we have a week+ break in our schedule. I won't be feeling amazing or able to go anywhere where there are lots of people etc, but at least I have a break from the needles in the leg and the medicine.

Now mom's got to get some sleep before I wake her up for my midnight snack!

Thank you for reading!

Hugs!
Aiden
PS - Ava, I miss you.

2 comments:

  1. Aiden,

    Thanks for the update. Mashed potatoes all the way! Dominic hates potatoes, he votes for popcorn and cookies.

    Dominic thought it was cool that you liked his rocking Nickelback video. Maybe you two can start a band together?!

    Dominic misses you tonnes.

    Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Aiden - sounds like you are doing great - getting mad helps in lots of situations, so do whatever works for you buddy! Only 6 more to go - YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO :)
    I am glad to hear that you give your mom a run for her money with making you food at the odd hours - she needs to have the feet ran off of her, but she doesn't mind ;) hee hee
    Enjoy your week off and Happy Halloween, I bet you will get lots of goodies!
    Thinking of you and your mom - take care XOXO

    ReplyDelete