Saturday, October 10, 2009

Saturday October 10th

Hey.. it still sucks......However, tonight is better!
I had my needle in my leg yesterday and I WAS NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT.. and let me tell you the ENTIRE Oncology clinic knew it. Nurses even came in after and were cheering me on, telling me how spectacular my lungs are and everything.
Then we had to do the booger test again! Yes, again! They stuck the water up my nose and I had to blow out my boogers into a cup. Funny!

Then last night we all went to Stanley Park and went on the Ghost Train. I wasn't feeling great but I pushed through.. A raccoon came right up to Addy and tried to steal her hot chocolate. Mom ran over and picked her up so fast I thought Addy was flying. The raccoon didn't even flinch.. it was so cool. The Ghost Train was pretty freaky, but I know it's not real.

I just about made it home and... sick again! Mom's poor car! Seriously! So, for the rest of the night I was pretty medicated and up again in the middle for more. I felt terrible again this morning, so mom called the Oncologist and got me into the hospital for a check.. and on the way.. sick again.. just as I was leaving mom's car!
I was dehydrated, tired, and not feeling well at all. So, they pumped me full of goodness, took my blood and we left about 4pm. And then I was starving!!!!

So, I ate A&W, sushi, then mom roasted a chicken with home aid stuffing and creamed corn. I had two separate sittings of chicken after my sushi, then I watched some TV and had apple pie! I think the steroids are finally kickin' in!!! Watch out scale!

So, it's been a tough couple days however I think we're on the upswing! Just in time for turkey, ham, potatoes, desserts, etc.
Back on Thanksgiving Monday for another needle...

I hope every body has a fantastic Thanksgiving! We are thankful for the fact that I'm getting better, we have a fantastic place to stay, we have a great nurses and Dr's looking after me, my grandparents, my sister (my mom said I had to put that), my friends, my family, my mom's friends, and as much as this round is terrible... we are thankful it's the a last round *then 3 years of Maintenance.. which we can do.

** Thanks to Blaise and Colette for the lovely card and letter!

Happy Thanksgiving and thank you for reading,

Love
Aiden

No comments:

Post a Comment