Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wednesday August 19th - Day 15 of this round

Hello everyone..

Well Addy's back THAT's FOR SURE! I was actually starting to miss her a little by the end and the first day back together was great... now, I would be okay sending her back with Nana and Papa again. However, mom is VERY happy to have her home.

We had a great day with Nana and Papa at the beach yesterday! We saw a huge purple jellyfish that was in the sand... it was crazy! HUGE!! Really HUGE! Papa and I caught tons of crabs and then we caught a live clam. We took it home to dissect it and learn all about each part etc. Papa was a little "ticked" about taking nature away from nature, however when we got home and googled clams and I learned all about each part of it's body, what they eat, how they move etc... guess who the first one in there was with me and mom on the computer? Papa!!

They watched Addy today while we were in clinic and now they've headed back to Kelowna for the night. They came to the hospital to say good bye.. Thank you for everything!! xox

Back in hospital today until the weekend (Saturday or Sunday).. Hydrating my body, and the medicine started at 5pm and runs for 24 hours straight. Mom made sure I got ALL my medicine to help me not get sick and it appears to be helping. I'm sucking on ice chips to help prevent mouth sores, as I really don't want those!!!

Dad #2 surprised us and showed up a day early, just as Nana and Papa were leaving. So that worked out really well. We're currently getting guitar hero set up in our room and then dinner, and shuttin' er down.. for a sleepless night! Told mom we should watch movies all night however, not happen'. Mom's sleeping in a chair tonight as there are no cots left in the hospital.. and she's not super happy about it! At all!!! But she says she can deal with it for one night...

Other then that .. our life is here for the next 4 or so days..

Thanks again to Nana and Papa for all the fun and helping with Addison .... and Papa, I'll be fine.. I promise! Don't worry, don't be sad, I'll be okay. It's tough, but I'm tough.. remember I AM A ROGERS! And that means I can beat this 100%, we can do anything!

Love to everyone.. especially my Papa tonight!

xoxo
Aiden

1 comment:

  1. Aiden,

    When Dominic was camping just north of Vancouver, he saw two of those big purple jellyfish, too.

    We think they actually look like a big plop of puke in the water.

    One of them was kinda dead and washed up on the shore so we poked at it with a stick. We didn't know if they had stinging tenticles or not. Did you touch the one you saw?

    Very cool about the clam. Who would have thought that a clam has a foot?

    Take Care,

    Heather.

    ReplyDelete