Friday, August 7, 2009

Friday August 7th

Hello hello from room 2, floor 2B at Children's hospital!

Well, it was a tough couple days.. really tough but we made it through and today is a new and better day for everyone.
So we started in clinic on Wednesday with 6 hours of hydration and a spinal. When they put me out this time is was WAY better! No dizziness when I woke up, great! Then they started the new Chemo. A GIGANTIC bag of bright yellow liquid, it was crazy and I don't think mom was very happy with the amount of poison my body was getting.. but it is was it is. So then the first night, they had to test the PH level in my "urine" (fancy word for PEE) and they tested it every two hours all night and then I got super sick.. it was a sleepless and terrible night for me and the mama!

Yesterday afternoon Dad showed up and mom went home to grab some rest. Dad and I watched TV, played Guitar Hero, I still wasn't feeling great.. so I went to sleep early. However, they continued to have to test my urine every two hours so Dad had a sleepless night. It's nice to share the misery around the family :) However I still haven't got sick with Dad around.. Mom's still my "go to" for that - lucky mom! Ha ha!

Today, MUCH BETTER!!! The medicine is almost out of my system and we're hopefully going home tomorrow! I have energy, no nausea, and mom, dad#2 and I are just heading out on the deck for a BBQ, and some fresh air!

Hope all is well with everyone and Thanks to Nana and Papa for watching Addy.. it would've been tough to do this with a little sister running around!
Thank you to Ava and family for sending down the photos of our great day together and the gifts for my family. I have the photo of Ava and me reaching hands beside my hospital bed in a frame.

Thanks for reading! Wednesday was terrible and today is 110% better!

xoxo
Aiden
PS - Dad#2 caught a 45 lb sturgeon at the World Police and Fire Games! Way to go dad #2!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Aiden sounds like quite a week. We have our fingers crossed that you will be home tomorrow. Can't believe, Dustin caught a 45 pounder, that is what Owen weighs, I can't imagine Owen being on that hook and being pulled out of the ocean that is one big fishy!
    Enjoy watching the rest of the events in the police and fire fighter games and keep writing cause we love to read your blog.

    Kelley

    ReplyDelete