Friday, August 21, 2009

Friday Aug 21st 8pm, we're out!

That's right!! We're out!!!

The Dr's are amazed with me! It was a rough afternoon yesterday being sick, feeling pretty terrible and stuck inside my room for 24 hours straight while the chemo is running.... but today my friends it all turned around!!!

When I'm done getting the gigantic amount of chemo they give a "rescue drug" to help control the levels and to help my body get rid of it. That number, in my blood, needs to be at .4 before we can go home. Well before even giving me the rescue drug this morning my blood was already at .43! So, when they took my blood again at 5pm, the Dr felt we MAY be good to go tonight!! Unheard of. Usually 3 - 5 days!!!
So, we had some dinner, played some DS, watched at movie and at 730pm the blood results were in..... my blood was at .27! Even my good white blood cell count was climbing instead of falling (it's as good as yours right now!).. so the paper work was done, bags were packed, we picked up Addy and home by 830pm!

We are all so happy and celebrating tomorrow by hitting the beach, eating too much ice cream, breakfast in bed (for mom), a bbq, and watching movies all together tomorrow night!

Home sweet home.. In our own beds.. Ahhh! (and we're half done this round!) It's time to celebrate!!

G'night from my bed in my room!

xoxo
Aiden
PS -TRUE TRUE TRUE New research says dark chocolate helps keep blood count healthy and high! So, you can just imagine my over the top mom!! Chocolate chocolate chocolate! Could be worse. Two kids I know that also have leukemia haven't had any blood transfusions since their mom's started giving them dark chocolate pieces 3 times per day.. how amazing is that!? I started it Wednesday and look what happened to me this week! Maybe mom was right, chocolate DOES help makes it all better! :)

1 comment:

  1. Aiden,

    That is such good news!!!! How exciting to have done so well after this treatment. And, chocolate? Lucky duck!

    Dominic says hello, he really misses you, buddy.

    Heather.

    ReplyDelete